No Registration/Membership Services for Persons under 18.
Certain features of this website, including forum discussions and peer counseling, require registration disclosures. If you are under 18 years of age please do not attempt to register or submit your personal information for Peer Counseling.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect two types of information: 1) non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII) for everyone who visits our Website and 2) personally identifiable information (PII) for registered users.
- PII. Information provided by you in connection with the registration process includes contact information (such as screen name, type of disability, gender, age, e-mail address, and phone number).
- Non-PII - Web Site Usage Information. Cookies, IP Addresses and Logs. We employ "cookies" to collect information about you and your usage of the Website. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer and collects information about how you use our site. We also gather information about your individual use of our services, such as types of data accessed, times and volume of use, duration of sessions and other similar usage or system data. If you are not logged into our site but are browsing the site's public areas, we log IP addresses and domain names. We cannot use this technical Non-PII to identify you personally.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- PII. We use PII to facilitate your use of website features that require registration, including forum discussions and peer counseling.
- Non-PII. Non-PII is aggregated for system administration and to monitor the Website's usage. It is utilized to measure the number of visits to our site, average time spent, number of pages viewed and to monitor various other site statistics. This monitoring helps us evaluate how visitors use and navigate our site so we can improve the content.
How Do We Share Your Information?
- Disclosure of Your PII to Third-Parties. Except as provided below, we do not share your PII with non-affiliated third parties without your permission.
- In connection with registered users, access to your PII information is limited to individuals within the Hill Foundation and its web designers that have signed a non-disclosure agreement so that the PII information is not shared or made public.
How is My Information Protected?
We take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of your PII, including physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards as required by law. We continually review our security procedures and mechanisms to ensure that reasonable protections are in place.
Possible Tracking Disclosures
The videos provided on the website, while created by the Hill Foundation for the benefit of its website viewers, are stored on YouTube servers. As a result, if you are logged into your Google account when you view the videos, Google may record or track your viewing of the video. Likewise, if you are logged into your Facebook account and click the Facebook “Like” button, Facebook may record or track information. The Hill Foundation does not control this type of tracking, if you wish to safeguard against possible tracking by these features, please close both your Google and Facebook accounts while you interact with this website.
Links to Other Sites.